Sweet Protection is well known for being a helmet manufacturer, but they also have been making technical outerwear for some years already. We chose the Supernaut Windstopper outfit for this review because we believe that it’s one of the most effective garments of outerwear in the market.
“The Supernaut Windstopper Jacket is our most flexible ski mountaineering jacket. The jacket is a hybrid construction with GORE® WINDSTOPPER® panels in the front, the hood and down the arms and a very breathable softshell in the back and on the sides. The Supernaut Windstopper Jacket will keep you protected against the elements. Features include a helmet compatible hood, one chest pocket, two hand warming pocket, two ventilation zippers in the front of the jacket and asymmetric cuffs.”
- Our most flexible jacket and pants crafted for ski mountaineering
- Hybrid construction of breathable softshell and GORE WINDSTOPPER
- The perfect solution for high intensity and stormy weather
- Comfortable and stretchy construction
- Water repellant
- Jacket with helmet compatible hood to protect against the weather
- Pants flexible gusset to make a snug fit around mountaineering and ski boots
Sweet Protection - Supernaut Windstopper Jacket 18/19
When we are splitboarding, we spend most of the time going uphill. That’s why we need clothes that perform when doing high output activities. Once it gets warmer, a full 3-layers outfit might be too sweaty to wear, and here’s where Sweet Protection hit the sweet spot with the hybrid construction of the Supernaut Windstopper outfit. Say goodbye to sweaty backs and armpits, while you will still be dry if it starts snowing.
- Super stretchy and comfortable
- Hybrid construction is key for active sports like splitboarding: breathable where you need it, waterproof for the rest of the body
- Technical fit
- We’d like to wear brighter colours in the mountains in terms of safety, at least for the jacket, but that’s definitely a minor thing.
- We could use one extra pocket in the pants for extra storage.