The Salomon Trek S/Lab is the boot we’ve all been waiting for. We were lucky enough to see some first prototypes of the boot a year and a half ago, and the final result did not disappoint. The first ever fully articulated snowboard boot is here after some tough testing time from the R&D guys at Salomon Snowboards.
“The Trek boot uses Hike&Ride Boa and a Salomon specific articulated mobile cuff technology to adjust the flex for hike mode or time-to-rip mode. A boot for the serious touring/hiking rider that still functions as a real snowboard boot for the downhill.”
- BOA + Trek Lace lacing
- Skin Up / full Custom Fit Pro liner
- New Ortholite C3 footbed
- Trek EC+ outsole
Salomon - Trek S/Lab Boots 18/19
The Trek S/Lab tours and rides like a dream. Even in short trips it makes a difference. All these years of experience from Salomon making boots are reflected in the Trek, making it hard to go back to regular snowboard boots after trying them. Longer and a much more efficient stride, but keeping the same downhill performance as a snowboard boot. The splitboarder community should be really stoked that there’s finally a boot that excels in both uphill and downhill. Good job Salomon!
- Touring in softboots is a whole new experience with the Trek thanks to its fully articulated cuff.
- Super comfortable footbed and liner, featuring improved ankle fit with the internal strap
- Wide toe-box for superior comfort after many hours on them, even when traversing or using crampons.
- The Trek is a snowboard boot after all and you never lose the snowboard feel at all.
- For those looking for the most extreme lines, the Trek is not compatible with semi-automatic crampons, only with strap ones.
- A weight of 1.250gr puts them on the heavy side of snowboard boots.
Leave a Reply