The Search Series is Rip Curl’s commitment to a manufacture a high quality and durable product, without compromising sustainability, and aimed at minimizing the impact on the environment. Manufactured with a selection of 100% recycled materials with a low environmental cost, it is the best possible choice for the rider committed to the environment. In addition, from this season, Rip Curl offers the possibility of renting your outerwear kit with a clear purpose of responsible consumption and sustainable approach
1. What is Rip Curl’s philosophy towards preserving the environment?
As an outdoor brand, Rip Curl wants to preserve its playground. Since the beginning Rip Curl had a strong determination to be environmentally responsible and to encourage its crew to participate in achieving this. Everybody needs to feel responsible of preserving our environment. As a brand made by surfers for surfers we are all passionate and we all feel close to our environment. Big brand need to lead the change. However we don’t want to claim that we are eco-friendly and sustainable if we are not a 100%. Preserving the environment is not about claiming everywhere, it’s about real change in our way of consuming.
2. Is there a policy for the brand to minimize, reduce or compensate carbon emissions?
Yes for sure! We are always looking for policies in order to compensate or reduce our carbon emissions.
- We have developed a 100% recycled line of mountainwear – the “Rip Curl Search Series” – to deliver a sustainable and durable alternative.
- We are working with scientists in varied organizations on a more environmentally sustainable way of manufacturing wetsuits.
- We are reducing the individual packaging requirements surrounding our products.
- We are eradicating the use of plastic bags in our retail network and intend to be 100% plastic free.
These are only few policies among others. And we keep on finding different ways to reduce our footprint.