SP United Split binding
The SP United Split binding is a splitboard specific binding. It comes in two different versions, one with standard ratchets and the other with the Fastec system, which is a back entry binding system. This binding is a basically a SP snowboard binding welded to a Voile slidertrack, shaving off some weight of the base of the binding and of the slidertrack itself.
It features an aluminum baseplate and it’s compatible with the Voile system.
The total weight of the binding is 900 grams in the Fastec system binding, which makes it a pretty lightweight binding.
It is possible to purchase a splitboard crampon, designed specifically to fit with the SP bindings. This crampon can be installed on the fly and it’s completely locked once is installed.
SP United enters the splitboard specific binding market with a very solid product giving to the splitboarder community more different options to choose from.
WHAT WE LIKED ABOUT IT:
- The superior quality of the straps and thehighback, as well as a super solid construction, due to its large experience making snowboard bindings.
- The automatic way to install the splitboard crampons, and how they can’t come out once they are installed. They even work pretty good with the heel risers on.
- The toolless adjustability of strapss and highback.
- Very good quality-price ratio.
WHAT WE LIKED THE LEAST ABOUT IT:
- The extra height that you get because of having the slidertrack welded to the base of the binding, even though it doesn’t affect when snowboarding.
- It lacks a negative lean in the highback, which would help to have a longer stride.
WHAT IS IT USEFUL FOR:
- We believe it’s a great splitboard specific binding for any kind splitboarder from entry to moderate level, for any day-trip splitboard mission without compromising safety and comfortability. The performance on the splitboard is very fast. We would like to point out the great task of r&d of the crampons which means a great improvement for the splitboarder community.