Norrona Narvik Review – Jacket and Pants
The Norrona Narvik Dri3 Jacket and Pants is a waterproof, breathable and durable shell outfit made for freestyle in the slopes or backcountry. It will protect you from rough weather. The jacket has a slightly baggy and long cut. Hand-warming pockets, chest vent with mesh and other critical details like hand gaiters, zip- and snap seal powder skirt system, underarm vent and radio/keycard pocket, with a weight of 782gr.
The pants have a baggy cut, twisted, side cargo pockets, inside leg ventilation with mesh. Other critical details are zip- and snap seal powder skirt system, snow gaiters, custom-fit waist adjustment, inside reinforcement on lower leg and Cordura® reinforcements around boots, weighing only 732gr.
The whole outfit is made with Norrona’s waterproof and highly breathable dri™3 fabric, a 3-layer, ultra-thin, stretchy, non-porous, hydrophilic membrane that provides high levels of waterproofness and breathability. Most Fluorocarbon-free membrane and DWR. Technical Specifications: Waterproof: 20,000 mm. Breathability: min. 20,000 ** Windproofness: 100%.
WHAT WE LIKED ABOUT THEM:
- Norrona means quality and attention to details. Every little feature has been designed with a purpose, and the quality for the materials and finish is outstanding.
- Really comfortable fit, a bit baggy but not too much, plus the stretchability of the Dri3 material makes it really practical. The longer arms is also useful when we need to deal with our bindings or climbing trying to reach something higher.
- The chest ventilation gives extra airflow, really useful when breaking trail.
- Adjustable hood, wearing a helmet underneath or not.
- Fast and easy to reach zippers, even with your gloves on.
- Cargo pockets placed in the right position to not disturb you when riding or skinning
- Pant-jacket can be connected with a zip and a removable powder skirt for the deep days.
- Hand gaiters are really valuable to keep the snow out of your sleeves and keep yourself extra warm.
WHAT WE LIKED THE LEAST ABOUT THEM:
- Ventilations might a bit too short in length and lack of a bit of opening.
- With a backpack on, it might be a bit more difficult than usual to access the hip pockets.
WHAT IS IT USEFUL FOR:
For every splitboarder looking for a great outfit, technical as well as stylish, and that can be used aswell as resort gear thanks to its fit and features. We really appreciated its longer fit and all the little features that make this jacket an optimal choice.