|Event Name||Date:||Location:||Cost:||Contact info:|
|Canuck Splitfest||January 5&6, 2013||Rogers Pass, BC||Freefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|The Donner Split Party||Feburary 22-24, 2013||Donner Summit, CA||TBDemail@example.com|
|Lake Tahoe BC Fest||March 2, 2013||Tahoe, CAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Oregon Splitfest||March 8&9, 2013||Mt. Hood, OR||Freeemail@example.com|
|Mt Baker Splitfest||March 22-24, 2013||Glacier, WA||Free||www.splitfest.com|
|Silverton Splitfest||April 12-14, 2013||Silverton, COfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Splitfest Downunder NSW||September, 2013||Jindabyne, OZ||Freeemail@example.com|
|Splitfest DownUnder VIC||September, 2013||Hotham, OZ||Freefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Event Name||Date:||Location:||Cost:||Contact info:|
|Wasatch Splitfest||6,7,8,9 February 2013||Salt Lake City||TBDemail@example.com|
No splitfest in your area? Start one! Anyone can put on a splitfest. Each one is unique and that’s what makes them great. No backcountry area is the same. Before leaving the last scrubfest, I ask Jerime about advice for starting a splitfest. He had some sage words to say.
- Start small. The first year, make sure whatever you decide to do, do it well. If things go well, you can always add to it next year, but an event that over promises and under delivers is sure to fail.
- Make sure people know it’s not a guided event. The backcountry is a dangerous place. If you know of licensed guides in the area, talk to them and see if they want to offer discounts for group guides.
- Know the laws of the land. Talk to people in the area you want to have the event at and make sure there are no rules or regulations you need to be aware of. An easy way to avoid problems in the area is to observe advice #1 and #2. If your event is really only about the gather before and after the backcountry riding, there are usually a lot less legal issues to worry about.
- Don’t make it a for profit event. Not only would this crush the spirit of the event, it has the potential to give you more legal troubles.
- Have fun. There will be times that putting this together will feel like work, but overall you should be having a good time putting everything together. Again, start small and build on that.
- Spread the word! Now days with the web, this is easy. Contact Chris (firstname.lastname@example.org ) who runs Splitboard.com and ask him about posting a thread about your splitfest. You can also contact Adam (email@example.com ) who setup a website to help point people to splitfests in their area.
For more tips, see this thread: www.splitboard.com
2012 SplitFest DownUnder. Mark “Fenz” Fenner world 24mtb champ giving talk on Ferine and Kicking horse.
Splitfest Past Dates
|Date||Event Name||Location||# Plp||Cost||Headline Sponsor||Event Corrdinator(s)|
|2004, April 2-4||Wasatch Splitfest||Wasatch Mountains, Utah||~20||Free||Voile-USA||DJ Barney|
|2005, Feburary 25-27||Scrubfest||Togwotee Pass, Wyoming||~10||Free||Jeramie Prine|
|2005, March 5-6||Donner Summit||Donner Summit, CA||~15||Free||Zach Davis|
|2005, April||Wasatch Splitfest||Wasatch Mountains, Utah||~10||Free||DJ Barney|
|2006, Feburary 24-26||Scrubfest||Togwotee Pass, Wyoming||~20||Free||Voile-USA||Jeramie Prine|
|2006, March 17-19||Wasatch Splitfest||Wasatch Mountains, Utah||~20||$50||DJ Barney|
|2007, Feburay 23-25||Scrubfest||Togwotee/Tetons, Wyoming||~25||Free||Voile-USA||Jeramie Prine|
|2007, April 5-8||Tioga Pass Splitparty||Tioga Pass, Lee Vining CA||~25||$75||Ray Ellis|
|2008, February 22-24||Scrubfest||Togwotee/Tetons, Wyoming||~25||Free||Voile-USA||Jeramie Prine|
|2008, April 20||Eastside Split Party||Tom’s Place California||~20||$125||Mammoth Mtning, Voile-USA||Ray Ellis|
|2008, May 24-25||Cascade Splitfest||Crystal Mountian, WA||~10||Free||Eric Houtkooper|
|2009, Feburary 20-22||Scrubfest||Togwotee/Tetons, Wyoming||~25||Free||Voile-USA||Jeramie Prine|
|2009, April 3-5||Kalifornia Splitboard Party||Mammoth, CA||~30||$100||Ray Ellis|
|2010, February 19-21||Scrubfest||Togwotee/Tetons, Wyoming||~25||$65||Voile-USA, Spark R&D||Jeramie Prine|
|2010, March 26-28||Mt. Baker Splitfest||Mountaineers Lodge||60+||$40||Terry Schmidbauer|
|2010, April 16-17||Kalifonia Eastside Splitfest||Mammoth, CA||~30||$140||Voile-USA|
|2011, Feburary 25-27||Scrubfest||Togwotee/Tetons, Wyoming||~50||$65||Jeramie Prine|
|2011, March 25-27||Mt. Baker Splitfest||Mt Baker.Chair 9||80+||Free||Voile-USA||Terry Schmidbauer/Bob Rodgers|
|2011, April 9-10||Kalifornia Eastside Splitfest||Mammoth, CA||~25||$150|
|2011, Feburary 4-5||Echo Lake Splitparty||Lake Tahoe, CA||$100||Voile-USA||James Strawser|
|2011, January 22-23||Canuck Splitfest||Rogers Pass, BC||~70||Free||Prior||Wade Galloway|
|2012, January 7-8||Canuck Splitfest||Rogers Pass, BC||120+||Free||Prior Snowboards||Wade Galloway|
|2012, March 23-25||Mt. Baker Splitfest||Mt Baker.Chair 9||100+||Free||Karakoram||Terry Schmidbauer/Bob Rodgers|
|2012, March 29-April 1||Silverton Splitfest||Silverton, Colorado. USA||~45||$60||Venture Snowboards||John Keffler / Jason Bushey|
|2012, April 13-15||Norway Splitfest||Romsdalen, Norway||~20||$70||Jones Snowboards||Trond Hindenes / Martin Haglev|
|2012, April 20-22||Oregon Splitfest||Mt. Hood, OR||~20||$30||Next Adventure||Geoff Guillory|
|2012, March 2-4||Echo Lake Splitparty||Lake Tahoe, CA||Voile-USA||James Strawser|
|2012, August 31-Sept 2||SplitFest DownUnder||Jindabyne NSW Australia||~70||Free||Firstlight Snowboards||Adam West/ Jacqui Long|
|2012, September||Splitfest New Zealand||Temple Basin||$20||SPLITN2.COM, Spark R&D||Richard Harcourt/ Shane Orchard|
John W Keffler.